Thursday, August 29, 2013

Do You Remember?



Welcome home!


To write about this… I don’t know how to begin. Where should I start?

Too much memories…

Days we spent together, with three of us in these past 4 years…

Too much stupid things happened… Being locked from outside, ‘kidnapping’ the neighbor’s sons XD, watching horror movies and scream together…

Too much careless things we experienced… Breaking the electricity cable, breaking the doorknob, slipped on the wet floor…

Bunch of silly thing we did… Playing prank on other’s birthday, teasing the other wanting to make her cry, recording silly conversation, sharing ‘oh-not-so-good’ experience and weird dreams…

Sometimes scary scene we witnessed… When the dawn break and the pervert man come, when the heavy rain inviting horrible storm, when the electricity off and we heard unusual sound…

There were also hard days… When the electricity went off, when the water stagnant, when the exhibitionist man come, when the arguing turn to be serious fight, when the housemates became an enemy…
We had undergoing all of these. Living together in one house for 4 years. Sharing one room and bed, playing together and fight.

Do you remember?

We did say sometimes that we are tired of each other, but still the farewell is hard. When you think everything would be okay and you are fine by yourself, that’s when the lonely side come up and push the ‘I miss the days when we’re together’ line to be said.

To be honest, I don’t know if you ever felt the same way as me. But even the selfish person as me had to admit that I miss you all. I miss the time when we’re living together, sharing the same room and chatting happily every night.

It hard to be separate. Although recently I often home that staying there, but at last I know you were there. I could go there whenever I want and meet you. But now… to reunite is no longer an easy thing. We are living by our own…

I can’t find you home when I’m coming back for class…

***
Prolog: How Did We Start…

It was early in July of 2008 when we first come here. Along with my best friend from junior high, Putri, I enrolled in one of famous Islamic high school in the provincial capital. The distance between school and my house is quite far, it’s about 20 km. Putri’s even further, she live 10 km ahead from my place.

However, it would be hard for us to get to school on time with that condition. We should get up early in the morning and took the first public transport of the day. Much worst, I’m not a morning person and my health was pretty bad that time. So, our parents decide to rent a house near school and live together.

Of course, it wasn’t that easy to find an ideal living. Moreover, the school located in suburban area, among school district and shopping complex.


Thanks to Allah, our parents found a house before the school start. That was newly build rent house for family. It only meters away from school building. It’s about 50-80 meters away, if I guess it right. So close.

Then, our parents said that they already found a housemate. She’s also a fresh student at our new school, a former student of my past boarding school, Elsa. Just by hearing her name, I already know who is she. Yeah, we ever lived in the same room in dormitory. I’m not really close to her, but I guess, we could start it over right? We would live together for the next three years… Everything would be alright. I assured myself.

And the promise day has come. All the housemates gathered in the said house to make a living contract. Finally I met Elsa (and I start call her Echa since then) and another two soon to be our housemate. They were college student. I couldn’t sense anything about them that time, all that I know every time I talk to them, I felt an awkward sensation crept into my mind. Maybe because they are four years older? They emit some kind of adult aura, I guess.

However, the first time we step out foot in that house, we had never thought that we would face so many unpredictable thing. I myself thought that my life there would just flow flatly and ordinary. Boring that if I had to say it in other word. But yeah… Future is a secret, we had no clue about what would happen the next second.

From then, we start to create a story… All these past four years… we had undergoing so many things. That saved in memory as our own history…

***

PS:
1.       Well, I don’t really remember the chronology of things happened. So, I’ll just post it by point with random themes that I still remember clearly.
2.       The story written in my point of view. If you don’t agree with me, it’s okay. You can complain about it.
3.       Of course there would be another characters too, not only the three of us. Our housemates changed each two years. But don’t don’t worry, we (airel XD) are the main role here.
4.       When posting this, I realized that we haven’t take photo together for quite long time already. So, let’s meet up and take some photos!